To install ArcGIS Notebook Server, you can run the ArcGIS Notebook Server installation wizard, or you can run the installation from a command prompt. For the latter option, see Silently install ArcGIS Notebook Server.
Each machine with an installation of ArcGIS Notebook Server requires an authorization file. There are several ways to register ArcGIS Notebook Server. You can visit My Esri to obtain an authorization file (by email, fax, phone, or mail) before proceeding with the installation. You can also register ArcGIS Notebook Server using the Software Authorization Wizard that opens after the setup installation completes (this is the recommended method).
Before you begin the installation, make sure you have completed the following steps from previous topics. If you are setting up a multiple-machine site, these steps apply to each machine.
- Verify that your machine meets the system requirements for ArcGIS Notebook Server.
- Modify the firewall of the ArcGIS Notebook Server machine to allow communication on port 11443 from the machines in your ArcGIS Enterprise deployment.
- Obtain your software download, authorization file (if using), and one or two Docker container images from My Esri. The number of images you receive depends on your license.
- Install Docker on your machine.
When you've completed the steps above, follow the steps below, in order, to set up ArcGIS Notebook Server using the installation wizard.
- Create a Windows account for the ArcGIS Notebook Server account. This will be the Run As account for ArcGIS Notebook Server.It is recommended that you use a domain account, which you may need to request from your IT department. If you choose to use a local Windows account, the installation wizard can create the account for you.
When your site is up and running, do not log out of this Run As account on a ArcGIS Notebook Server machine. Doing so will stop all open notebooks.
- Run the ArcGIS Notebook Server installation wizard you downloaded from My Esri.
- During installation, provide a location for the installation directory. The installation directory contains the ArcGIS Notebook Server files. Specify a location on the computer where you want to store these files.
The default installation location on Windows is C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\notebookserver.
- The Software Authorization Wizard opens at the end of the ArcGIS Notebook Server installation. Use this to authorize the installation with an ArcGIS Notebook Server license. You can also open the wizard manually from the Start menu.
- If you have an authorization file, such as a .prvc file, and have internet access on your machine, select the option I have received an authorization file from Esri and am now ready to finish the authorization process. Then browse to your file and upload it before proceeding.
- If you have an authorization code from Esri Customer Service, select the option I have installed my software and need to authorize it.
- If your ArcGIS Notebook Server machine is in an environment disconnected from the internet, select the authorization file option and upload your .prvc file. The wizard will generate an output file to send to Esri; you will then receive an .ecp file to complete the authorization process.
Shared network directories that are hidden or use special characters (such as $) are not supported by ArcGIS Notebook Server.
If you are setting up a multiple-machine ArcGIS Notebook Server site, repeat the installation steps for each machine. When all ArcGIS Notebook Server software is installed and authorized, see Configure ArcGIS Notebook Server after installation.